Support the Foundation For Southern Tier Libraries now!
Your contribution will help local public libraries expand services and serve more people!
Believing that free public libraries are essential to our communities, the Foundation for Southern Tier Libraries works to promote, fund, and support the long-term vitality of the Southern Tier Library System and its member libraries.
The Foundation for Southern Tier Libraries supports initiatives for 48 libraries in five counties: Allegany, Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, and Yates. These libraries welcome more than one million visits each year. Your donation will support important programs offered by local libraries, help libraries run more efficiently and participate in services shared through the Southern Tier Library System. These include:
- Story Hours
- Summer Reading Programs
- Delivery of requested books to your local library
- Internet access on public computers
- Free downloadable eBooks and audio books
Right from the beginning, the Foundation awarded grants directly to libraries in the Southern Tier region. Since 2013 grants have helped fund:
- Lapsit programs for babies
- Innovative services like a seed-lending library and a bike fix-it station
- Development of programs such as fiber arts
- Books and iPads and Legos and all sorts of library materials
- Mobile computer classes providing technological education for all generations
- Energy efficient lights and public-use computers
By contributing, you are supporting vital resources offered through your local library. These libraries serve everyone from babies to seniors. Be a part of this legacy. Donate today.