2020 Annual Meeting
On Thursday, September 10th, 5pm, join us at the Foundation for Southern Tier Libraries online Annual Meeting. We will be hearing from recipients of the exciting grant projects carried out in 2019, as well as those receiving grant awards that have awarded this summer. It would be great to have you join in.
We will be using Gotomeeting software. You will be able to dial in using a computer with a speaker and camera, or by using a smart phone.
Contact Foundation President Sherry Collins for an invitation and login information
2019 Annual Meeting
Meeting Minutes – April 30, 2019
Board Members and Staff Present: Sherry Collins, Peter Gamba, Bonnie Weber, Dale Wexell, Ristiina Wigg. Brian Hildreth
Guests: Justin Zeh, Director, Avoca and Prattsburgh; Michael Fay, Addison; Melanie Miller, Director, Alfred; Lynn Fulmer and Marsha Long, Trustees, Cuba; Amy Fleet, Youth Services and Sheryl L. Lamontai, Dundee; Michelle Hill, Director, Kathy Schumann, Mary Handy, Friendship; Raeanne Smith, Director and Konnica Sowers, Genesee; Kari Thomas, staff, Montour Falls; Angela Gonzales, Director, Penn Yan; Barb Radigan, Director, Pulteney; Judy Johnson, Director and Robin Lee Putnam, Richburg; Candy Wilson, Director, and Trustee Bill Fiske, Savona; Stephen Salino, Director, Watkins Glen; Kate Miller, Youth Services, Wellsville; Karen Smith, Director and Mike Smith, Whitesville
President Peter Gamba called the meeting to order at 5:05pm
Brief summary of 2018 Annual Meeting of the Foundation: “As President I welcomed everyone. Grant recipients received their awards and discussed their projects. We enjoyed an excellent dinner arranged by Vice-President Wexell. Then I made closing remarks and the meeting adjourned.” President Peter Gamba
Election of Trustees: Dale Wexell, Nomination Committee, introduced the following slate of trustees to be re-elected for three-year terms:
- Judy Phillips
- Denise King
- Dale Wexell
The slate was adopted unanimously.
Election of Officers: Dale Wexell, Nomination Committee, introduced the following slate of officers for two-year terms:
- Sheryl Collins, President
- Ristiina Wigg, Vice-President
- Paul Webster, Treasurer
The slate was adopted unanimously.
President’s 2019 Report: President Gamba discussed the Foundation’s 2018 achievements and plans for 2019:
- Through 2018, the Foundation has awarded a total of $49,980 in 54 grants to 26 libraries.
- During the 2018-2019 fundraising year, the Foundation held its first annual wine gathering and silent auction in September at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel. In addition to raising funds, the event increased awareness of the Foundation, and connected with potential donors.
- As a result of this event, the Foundation was able to award the largest grant total in its history. Total 2019 awards were $12,440, a 25% increase over 2018.
President Gamba ended by inviting the audience to join the Board, or become an event volunteer. Ristiina Wigg then invited representatives from the eleven recipient libraries to describe their completed grants.
The 2019 grants were announced Grant Awards as he presented checks to attending libraries:
- Addison Public Library $1,500 Replace all fluorescent lighting with energy efficient LED models
- Alfred Box of Books Library $1,260 Allegany Directors Association – support literacy in at-risk families throughout the county by creating and distributing 200 literacy packets
- Avoca Free Library $1,500 Expand after school programs by purchasing special tables for use with legos
- Bolivar Free Library $400 Provide summer craft programs
- Cuba Circulating Library $600 Create kits for use in story times
- Dundee Library $750 Purchase lap-top to use for off-site and on-site library programs
- Friendship Free Library $830 Take children on summer field trips to outdoor locations
- Genesee Library $700 Purchase and install book-drop
- Montour Falls/Watkins Glen Public Libraries $1,000 Provide teen programs in both libraries
- Penn Yan Public Library $500 Purchase virtual reality equipment to provide a variety of community programs
- Prattsburg Free Library $1,500 Purchase book shelves
- Pulteney Free Library $600 Expand computer access by purchasing a lap-top for use by patrons in the library
- Benedek Memorial Library, Savona $1,000 Improve safety by installing lightiing in the parking lot
- Whitesville Public Library $300 Expand summer reading with music programs
Next everyone was invited to a dinner buffet organized by Vice-President Dale Wexell and much enjoyed by all!
Peter Gamba made closing remarks and adjourned the meeting at 6:45pm.